FRANKFURT, July 29 (Reuters) - BMW will pull out of Formula One at the end of 2009 after a dismal season and amid a crisis in the automotive industry, sources told Reuters on Wednesday. Neither the German carmaker nor the team would confirm details but a news conference was called at short notice in Munich with senior executives and BMW Sauber team principal Mario Theissen. A source close to the team said the decision was taken at a board meeting on Tuesday and reflected an increased ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Motor racing-BMW to leave Formula One at end of 2009 - sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642