By Alan Baldwin LONDON, June 27 (Reuters) - Michelin have asked to be allowed to test at the Indianapolis circuit before any future U.S. Grand Prix there to ensure this month's tyre fiasco is not repeated. The French manufacturer said on Monday they had completed investigations into the tyres used in Indianapolis and assured teams that the problems would not happen again this season. Just six cars started the June 19 'race' when the seven Michelin teams withdrew after the formation lap ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Motor racing-Michelin say tyres will be safe for remaining races" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.