LONDON, June 22 (Reuters) - Canadian Jacques Villeneuve welcomed BMW's takeover of his Sauber Formula One team on Wednesday. "It's a bit of a nice surprise," he said. "I think this news is very good for the team and I am very pleased that the deal could be concluded. "It will trigger an almost certain budget increase for the entire operation and will allow the engineers and the drivers to develop the car further," he said. Villeneuve, 1997 champion with Williams, said the team would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Motor racing-Villeneuve welcomes BMW purchase of Sauber" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642