RIMINI, Italy, Aug 24 (Reuters) - Former corporate raider Roberto Colaninno denied on Tuesday that he was interested in taking a stake in Italy's Fiat , brushing off media speculation that he might make a fresh bid for the automaker. The Financial Times reported this month that Colaninno could buy into Fiat, renewing a friendly bid made last year. The financier stirred up a storm in 2003 with a turnaround proposal for Fiat -- rejected by the company -- which would have made him CEO. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Motorcycle boss Colaninno denies interest in Fiat" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642