TOKYO, Nov 18 (Reuters) - Suzuki have withdrawn from motorcycling's premier MotoGP championship until at least 2014, citing the need to reduce costs amid the global economic downturn. "This suspension is to cope with tough circumstances mainly caused by the prolonged recession in developed countries, a historical appreciation of Japanese Yen and repeated natural disasters," a company statement read. "Having an eye to returning to MotoGP in 2014, Suzuki will now focus on developing a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Motorcycling-Suzuki pulls out of MotoGP" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.