MUMBAI, April 29 (Reuters) - MRF Ltd , India's top tyre maker, reported a nearly 40 percent rise in Jan-March net profit but said operating margins may narrow because of a surge in commodity prices. "The EBITDA margins have taken a drop, though our topline has grown. There is a significant cost push, to put it mildly," Koshy Varghese, executive vice president, marketing told Reuters. Prices of natural rubber, a key commodity for tyre makers, had hit a record high of 16,950 rupees earlier ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"MRF sees costs eroding margins; eyes healthy sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.