BEIJING, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Nanjing Automobile Group said on Tuesday production in China of cars based on MG Rover technology will begin in March, a Nanjing MG Motor Co. official said. Production in England would begin in April or May. Nanjing Auto, a obscure player based in eastern China, took over MG Rover in 2005, outbidding the country's top car maker SAIC Motor. (US$=7.78 yuan)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nanjing Auto sets date for MG Rover-tech-based cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.