LONDON, July 22 (Reuters) - Chinese carmaker Nanjing Automobile said on Friday it planned to employ up to 2,000 staff in the UK within five years after securing a deal to buy Britain's MG Rover. A Nanjing spokesman also said it planned to produce at least 80,000 MG sport and saloon cars a year within 5 years in the UK. Administrators PricewaterhouseCoopers earlier selected Nanjing to buy the assests of MG Rover and its engine producer Powertrain. A source familiar with the situation ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nanjing says to employ up to 2,000 Rover UK staff" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642