CHICAGO, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Navistar International Corp. , the U.S. diesel engine maker, said on Monday it would lay off nearly 400 workers after Ford Motor Co. , one of its key customers, announced it was cutting fourth-quarter production by 20 percent. The Warrenville, Illinois-based company said 380 unionized workers at its Indianapolis, Indiana, engine assembly plant would be idled beginning October 2 as a result of the move. It said an undetermined number of non-union workers would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Navistar says Ford cuts will result in nearly 400 layoffs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642