TOKYO, Oct 29 (Reuters) - NEC Corp , Japan's biggest PC maker, said on Thursday that it had adequate funds on hand, precluding a need to tap equity markets for capital. "We have secured adequate funds of 500 billion yen ($5.5 billion) worth of cash and cash equivalents on hand, including the commitment line (from creditors)," NEC President Kaoru Yano said at a news conference, in response to a question on the need to shore up the firm's capital. (Reporting by Mayumi Negishi)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NEC pres says has secured adequate cash on hand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.