* Ford to stop production of Ranger in U.S. at end-year * Ranger global sales now near 275,000 * South African plant to ship Ranger to 148 markets By Bernie Woodall DETROIT, Oct 6 (Reuters) - Just as the Ranger rides into the sunset in the United States, the importance of Ford Motor Co's compact pickup truck is rising in the rest of the world. "You know how important trucks are to Ford throughout the world," said Joe Hinrichs, head of Ford in Asia and Africa. "And, really, with the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Ford Ranger truck launching outside N. America" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.