SHANGHAI, May 28 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp.'s flagship China venture opened a new plant in Shanghai on Saturday that brought its nationwide production capacity to almost half a million units in an increasingly competitive market. The new facility, part of GM's $3 billion investment blueprint with its Chinese partners, is capable of churning out 160,000 medium-sized Buick Excelle sedans and could produce the Cadillac STS luxury sedan in the future. Operations at the plant, located ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Shanghai plant boosts GM's China JV capacity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642