Ford Motor Co. has taken the wraps of its new I-4 engine with the production launch of '01 Ranger (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Nov. 6, '00, p.5). Joe Pratt, program manager for the I-4, downplays the delay in the program's ramp up. “Job One in Ranger was delayed about four months. But it had nothing to do with the engine,” he says, blaming “NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) concerns.” “But those have been resolved now,” Mr. Pratt says, and Ford's first I-4 powered Ranger rolled off ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"'01 Ranger Marks U.S. Debut of New I-4" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642