DURHAM, NC â€“ The high-performance version of the Dodge Caliber small car, which arrives at dealers in October, will be motivated by a 285-hp mill, slightly below the auto makerâ€™s target of 300 turbocharged ponies promised at the carâ€™s unveiling at the 2006 Chicago auto show. â€śIt was a real challenge for the guys to get (285 hp) out of the engine and that (kind of) power out of a front-wheel-drive car,â€ť says Michael J. Accavitti, director-Dodge brand and SRT marketing, at a media event ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"â€™08 Caliber SRT4 to Get Less HP Than Promised" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.