The upcoming ‚Äô09 BMW 3-Series sedan and wagon will launch with the BMW AG‚Äôs new 7-speed dual-clutch transmission in Europe, while in North America the model will receive the same drivetrain choices as the previous model year. ‚ÄúOur automatics have been very well received and we decided to carry them over from last year and didn‚Äôt feel there was a need to bring DCT on regular (North American) production 3-Series,‚ÄĚ a spokesman for the auto maker tells Ward‚Äôs. The ‚Äô09 3-Series will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"‚Äô09 BMW 3-Series to Offer DCT in Europe; Carryover Gearboxes for U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.