What is in this article?:
General Motors Corp.
2.2L I-4 – Chevrolet Cobalt XFE
- + Decent way to move small cars
- − Didn’t even get 30 mpg
- = This is extreme fuel economy?
2.8L V-6 turbo – Turbo X
- + Sweet, smooth boost aplenty
- − Overpriced and too thirsty
- = A good turbo-4 works just as well
3.6L V-6 – CTS
- + Balanced, powerful and flexible
- − Can GM afford upgrades?
- = Deceptively effective
3.6L HEV – Vue 2-Mode
- + Tons of power for a hybrid
- − Is this what America wants?
- = Performance HEVs a hard sell
6.0L V-8 HEV – GMC Yukon 2-Mode
- + Seamless operation in big SUV
- − Price too high for 18 mpg
- = Superb engineering for questionable cause