What is in this article?:
General Motors Co.
2.4L DI I-4 182 hp (Chevy Equinox)
+ Terrific bread-and-butter engine
- Can GM produce enough of them?
= A very pleasant surprise
2.8L turbo V-6 300 hp (Cadillac SRX)
+ New larger compressor adds 20 hp
- Enough power for Cadillac CUV buyers?
= Old-school turbo lag
3.0L DI V-6 270 hp (Cadillac CTS)
+ Proof that downsizing works
- Smaller engine, less power
= Newly bred for workhorse duties
3.6L DI V-6 304 hp (CTS Sport Wagon)
+ Still a proud achievement
- Mileage just doesn’t stack up
= Caught standing still
5.3L Vortec AFM V-8 326 hp (GMC Sierra)
+ AFM improves mileage, slightly
- How long can pushrods survive?
= Even T-Rex faced extinction
6.2L AFM V-8 400 hp (Chevy Camaro SS)
+ A voice like butta
- Never close to 25-mpg highway rating
= Nice to have you back, Camaro