ASHEVILLE, NC â When it came time to craft the new â10 Ford Taurus flagship sedan, Ford Motor Co. designers realized the U.S. sedan segment has changed over the years, and the vehicle no longer is considered a family car, the auto makerâs North American design chief says. In todayâs market, âminivans and crossoversâ are the new family vehicle of choice, says Moray Callum, executive eirector-Ford Americas design. âWe needed to make some dramatic aesthetic and functional changes to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"â10 Ford Taurus New Take on Sedan Segment, Design Chief Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.