DEARBORN, MI â€“ Challenged with burnishing the tarnished Taurus nameplate, Ford Motor Co. next week launches a marketing program that distinguishes the all-new model from its predecessor. â€śPeople know what a Taurus is, but weâ€™ve got to reintroduce Taurus as a brand to them,â€ť says Mike Crowley, manager-Ford Car and CUV Marketing. Whereas in recent years the Taurus could be characterized as an inexpensive, safe, roomy and capable vehicle, it desperately lacked the design panache and cutting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"â€™10 Ford Taurus Tackles Old Perceptions, New Segment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.