This year marks the 100th anniversary of the modern day spark plug patent, and after seven billion plugs later, the company that revolutionized spark plug design still is going strong. Robert Bosch Corp., a subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, first patented its spark plug in 1902 to supplement a high-voltage magneto ignition system it invented. By then, spark plugs were hardly radical technology, but design was primitive and plugs would often foul and provide inferior detonation. Regular ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"100 Years of Sparkplugs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.