DETROIT – By the middle of September, General Motors Corp., Johnson Controls Inc. and Lear Corp. will interact with 10,000 of their suppliers with a standard communication tool that promises to be fast, secure, inexpensive and simple to use. Covisint Connect is a data-messaging service that could replace traditional electronic-data interchange (EDI) connections. The auto industry has used EDI for 30 years to communicate material release schedules and advance shipping notices from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"10,000 Suppliers Using Covisint Messaging" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.