AUSTIN, Texas — Honda Motor Co. Ltd.'s Acura Div. puts its CL coupe through a total redesign (all that remains from the last model is the interior clothing hook, one engineer says), coming up with two performance-oriented, luxury editions. Acura forecasts a 166% near-term rise of luxury coupe sales, a growth based primarily on that baby-boomer set that craves a return to the joy of driving. The 2001 Acura CL and more powerful CL-S represent a shift up-market for the model, which claims ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"2001 Acura CL: sharp 3.2L V-6 is main attraction" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.