LA JOLLA, CA – Curves! We have curves on a “utility” vehicle. Nissan attempts to take SUVs, CUVs in new direction—without third-row seating. Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s Darrel Ida, product planning manager for the all-new Murano cross/utility vehicle, says the Murano’s sleek sheetmetal is all about sending the message Murano isn’t a cookie-cutter SUV in the ubiquitous Explorer vein. “If it looks like a regular SUV, it is a regular SUV,” insists Ida. He says the SUV/CUV equation ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"2003 Nissan Murano: Art vs. Appliance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.