Two Stroke International (2si) announces that it will supply a unique lightweight diesel-fuel/multi-fuel low-compression spark-ignited engine to the U.S. Marine Corps. The armed services have mandated no gasoline on the forward lines. In these applications the weight and engine strength required by high-compression diesel engines using compression ignition is unacceptable. The 2si engine's low-compression design, coupled with its spark ignition makes it perfect for front-line use. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"2si to supply Marines with lightweight engines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.