SANTA BARBARA, CA – Land Rover North America introduces an "Americanized" version of the 3-door Freelander in a bid to maintain the "buzz" surrounding the hot-selling SUV, a brand executive says. The vehicle, set to arrive this fall along with the ’03 5-door Freelander, features a removable hardtop and characteristic Land Rover accessories such as brush bars. "We’re trying to put a lot of kit on it," says Steve McKnight, vice president and general manager-Land Rover North America. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"3-Door Freelander En Route" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.