The BMW Group's Mini in a few short years has surpassed sales and production projections and paved the way for other auto makers' super-small cars. Mini production and sales are about two years ahead of schedule because of demand. A Southern California resident lays claim to the distinction of purchasing the 500,000th Mini made since BMW AG took over production in 2001. California is one of the largest markets (18% of sales) for Mini worldwide. More Minis are purchased in the state ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"500,000th Mini Goes to Californian" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.