DETROIT — At this month's North American International Auto Show here, Ford Motor Co. releases preliminary information on a midsize diesel-electric hybrid experimental vehicle — but leaves the question of cost up in the air. General Motors Corp. also introduces its current interpretation of the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles (PNGV) hybrid-electric vehicle (HEV) — and openly says the cost is “high.” Honda Motor Co. Ltd. and Toyota Motor Corp. currently have HEVs in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"70-mpg Ford Prodigy: Cost questions abound" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.