FRANKFURT â€“ The battle to control Rolls-Royce Motors is a tale of intrigue, personal drama, manipulation and marvelous irony. Mostly, it is a saga involving BMW AG and Volkswagen AG, but at various times through the often tortuous, near decade-long contest, others such as Mercedes-Benz and even Toyota Motor Corp. and Ford Motor Co., plus a well-funded group of Rolls-Royce owners, have been a part of the struggle. The end-play, resulting in the splitting of Rolls-Royce and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"â€™90s Struggle for Rolls-Royce Ownership Tale of Intrigue, Irony" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.