Aluminum will play a larger role in vehicle content as automakers strive to create lighter and more fuel efficient cars, says Donald W. Macmillan, president global automotive products of Alcan Aluminium Ltd. This will reshape the automobile from the vehicles we drive today, Mr. Macmillan recently told the International Motor Press Assn. in New York. He notes that aluminum usage already has set a new record during the '99 model year and that future models promise to contain even more of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"'99 Trucks Outpace Cars in Aluminum Use" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.