TRAVERSE CITY, MI – The auto industry’s “tier” structure is an anachronism, says J Ferron, PricewaterhouseCoopers partner and automotive consulting leader. As suppliers facilitate system integration by establishing long-term working relationships, historical lines that have separated tiers become blurred, Ferron says. It’s more accurate to say that suppliers exist in “clusters” or “communities.” Efforts to label suppliers as “Tier 1” or “Tier 2” and beyond, represents an “academic ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Abandon Industrial Caste System, Consultant Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642