AUBURN HILLS, MI – An Abarth derivative of the Fiat 500 will arrive in Chrysler Group LLC showrooms sooner rather than later. As Chrysler announces plans to produce Fiat Auto SpA’s 1.4L Fire I-4 for the 500, CEO Sergio Marchionne confirms a 170-hp turbocharged version of the engine will launch simultaneously, paving the way for the high-performance Abarth. The 500 is scheduled to make its North American debut in fourth-quarter 2010 – just 18 months from the time Fiat acquired its 20% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Abarth Variant Will Roll Out Beside Fiat 500" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.