Somewhere in the world, at any given hour, on any given day, an auto plant supervisor is reaching for antacid. For the start of every shift brings the gut-searing realization that millions of dollars worth of manufacturing equipment could sit idle because workstations are vacant. Most of the missing employees are on authorized leave. Some are on vacation, or attending funerals or celebrating weddings. Others are simply tending to personal business. Too many, however, are AWOL. Theyâ€™re ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Absenteeism: Auto Industryâ€™s Dirty Little Secret" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.