KIRKLAND, WA – The Acura division has been American Honda Motor Co. Inc.’s weakest link in this year of record sales for the importer. The luxury brand has seen sales fall 3.2% from 2002 levels for the year’s first eight months, despite the strong luxury-car sales climate. Competitors Lexus and Infiniti are up 39.2% and 4.4%, respectively, and BMW AG and Mercedes-Benz also have boosted volume. Acura is placing bets on its new TL midsize, near-luxury sedan to turn the tide. Bowing in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Acura Hopes TL Will Turn Tide" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.