DETROIT – After outfitting its Civic and Accord models with hybrid powertrains, American Honda Motor Co. Inc. says it eventually will fit a hybrid electric powertrain for a model in its Acura luxury line. However, an executive says performance, not fuel efficiency, will be the first priority for Honda when it comes to an Acura hybrid electric model (HEV). Honda will add Acura hybrid. “If we are to do a hybrid for Acura, and we will in the future – it’s not in the short-term plan – ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Acura Hybrid Definitely on Tap, Exec Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.