SANTA ROSA, CA –American Honda Motor Co. Inc.’s Acura brand plans to bring to market a new small car, a top official confirms. The auto maker dropped its smallest model, the RSX sport coupe, in the ’06 model year. “You won’t see it this year, (but a new small car) is a lot closer than 2016,” John Mendel, executive vice president, tells Ward’s in an interview on the sidelines of a Honda CR-Z media event here. More-stringent U.S. corporate average fuel economy standards take effect in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Acura to Take Another Run at Small Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.