Acura admits it's a late comer to the luxury sport/utility vehicle (SUV) segment party but says it has turned that fact into a gain with its new MDX. With three rows of seats, seven passenger seating, 4-wheel independent suspension and an ultra-low emissions rating, Tom Elliott, American Honda Motor Co. Inc. vice president, says Acura's SUV is a “step up” on the Lexus RX 300 and the BMW X5. Honda says it expects the MDX to score a quadruple 5-star rating when the government tests the SUV ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Acura Touts Safety on MDX" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.