The good news is thanks to the use of advanced high-strength steels vehicles are safer than ever in severe crashes. Last year, the traffic fatality rate per 100 million vehicle miles traveled fell to 1.16, an all-time low according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. A good deal of credit goes to the steel safety cages that are being built into today’s vehicles. The bad news is that in the worst crashes these same ultra-strong steels can make it difficult to extricate ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Advanced Steels Stymie Traditional Rescue Methods" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.