South Africa cars sales continue to see growth JOHANNESBURG — New vehicle sales in South Africa will top 15% growth this year and 10% next year. Experts say the increase is due to low interest rates and new models. Sales were up 17.8% during November compared to same-time 1999. Automakers still are recovering from the economic crisis in 1999 that saw sales fall 8% and interest rates increase 25.5%.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AFRICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.