Needs and wants drive the automotive aftermarket. That simple truth has propelled it into a $185 billion annual industry that’s comprised of three large categories: accessories and appearance parts, performance parts and replacement parts. Although replacement parts accounted for about 85% of spending in 2002, sales of accessories and performance, or specialty, parts is the fastest growing segment of the aftermarket. A report by the Specialty Equipment Market Assn. (SEMA) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Aftermarket: Fast, Furious and Profitable" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.