Suppose an auto maker found itself in the unenviable position of having to recall tires because of a certain defect. And suppose the defect was serious enough to cause the tire to suddenly lose its tread, blow out and cause potentially life-threatening injuries for vehicle occupants. Without adequate information about the tires in question, an auto maker faced with such a public-safety crisis would have little choice but to recall millions of tires until the problem was isolated. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AIAG Pitches RFID Warranty Tool" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.