has issued the following important airline information for people attending the convention.
- American Airlines has waived fees for NADA convention travelers. State that you are changing your New Orleans reservations to attend the NADA convention, which swapped dates with the NFL. Those having trouble getting change fees waived on American should call Jennifer Brock at (817) 931-6173.
- will change convention tickets to and from New Orleans to one week earlier without penalty on reservations made before Oct. 4, 2001. Itineraries cannot be changed, other than dates, without penalty. For questions, call (800) 525-0280.
- Delta, the official airline for NADA, will waive the $100 administrative service charge for changes to NADA tickets issued on or before Oct. 5, 2001. The waiver applies to passengers traveling to and from New Orleans between Jan. 19 and Feb. 1, 2002. Please call Delta's Meeting Desk, (800) 241-6760, and mention NADA's convention account number, 176154A.
- Northwest Airlines will waive administrative fees and some fare differences for passengers traveling to the Superbowl and the NADA Convention. To take advantage of Northwest's special waiver policy, passengers originally ticketed for travel to New Orleans for the Superbowl or the NADA Convention must reschedule their tickets before October 31, 2001. Passengers must rebook the same itinerary in the same fare class for travel the previous or following weekend. Original minimum/maximum stay requirements still apply. Northwest will waive administrative fees and any fare differences resulting from a change in the day of week, time of day or seasonal application. If the same class of service is not available, passengers will be able to apply the full value of their ticket against the current fare and Northwest will waive the administrative fee. Cancellation penalties will apply for passengers no longer traveling. Northwest will refund any administrative fees to those passengers who have already reissued their tickets prior to the establishment of the new policy outlined above.
- Southwest Airlines charges no change fees.
- United Airlines executives have told NADA that they will not waive the fees, citing company policy. Convention attendees using the carrier must pay to change their tickets to the new dates.
, in cooperation with Delta Air Lines and United Airlines, has made special arrangements to offer convention attendees these discounts:
- 5 percent* discount off any published excursion fare that you qualify for (based on normal restrictions)
- 10 percent* discount off the coach class fare (based on normal restrictions)
To make reservations, call or have your travel agent call:
- United Airlines
Refer to code 598CE
- Delta Airlines
Refer to File number 176154A
Reservations must be made through the Airlines Convention Reservations Desks. If you use the services of a travel agent, have them place your reservations through the toll-free number to obtain the discounts for you.
Both Delta Air Lines and United Airlines offer an additional 5 percent discount if you book and purchase at least 60 days in advance.