Aisin AW Co. of Japan has joined forces with Robert Bosch GmbH to jointly produce 400,000 metallic CVT belts a year in Japan. The goal is to boost production to 1 million units annually by 2008. The venture will be 50% owned by Aisin AW, a Toyota Motor Corp. affiliate, 40% by Robert Bosch GmbH and 10% by Bosch Automotive Systems Corp., Bosch's Japanese subsidiary.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Aisin/Bosch Join Forces on CVT Belts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.