NOVI, MI – Alcan Inc. has enough confidence in the North American market for aluminum structural assemblies to fill two plants. Literally. The Canada-based aluminum giant is spending $30 million on two plants, one in Quebec and one in Michigan, with a combined capacity of about 2 million units, to feed a growing appetite for aluminum structures in the North American market. Alcan to make bumper systems initially at its first North American structural components production site in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Alcan: Expansion Times Two" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.