Call it the most charismatic V-6 in the auto industry and you won't get much of an argument, except from supporters of the Honda Motor Co. Ltd. NS-X and a few others. Any car powered by Alfa Romeo's wonderfully vocal and athletic DOHC V-6 starts life ahead of the pack. It's emerged as Fiat Auto's “big” engine, powering Lancias — and even for a brief three years, the Fiat Croma — as well as a raft of desirable Alfas. Now sources in Turin claim the unthinkable: When the Alfa V-6 dies, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Alfa V-6 killed in GM/Fiat synergy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.