If you’ve ever played Jenga, the high-pressure puzzle-game that demands dexterity, logic and guts, you have a vague notion of the challenges facing stakeholders in North America’s auto industry. The rules of Jenga are simple: Deconstruct a tower of blocks, piece by piece, without causing a collapse. (And you can’t take from the top.) Substitute the blocks for assembly plants and you have a snapshot of today’s auto industry. But skyrocketing gasoline prices have introduced a cruel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Aligning Capacity, Demand Poses Ultimate Brain Teaser" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.