American Metals Market reports that Ford Motor Co. finalizes plans to put its first volume-built aluminum cars into production at its Jaguar Cars Plc. The new Jaguar models, known as the X350s, will feature aluminum body-in-white with aluminum closures. Unlike current spaceframes, Jaguar's new cars will be built in much the same way as conventional steel-body cars, using stampings and subassemblies made of stampings. After the body-in-white has been built, the doors, hood and deck lid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"All-aluminum Jags" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.