A source close to industry planning for changeover to 42V tells WEVTU that virtually every electrical component on present and future vehicles that are now 12V will likely be switched to the new, higher voltage now being widely discussed in the industry: a 36V battery with 42V charging. The topic will see a raft of discussion at next month's Society of Automotive Engineers Congress and Exposition in Detroit. Until recently, it had been assumed that lights would stay at 12V due to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"All auto electrical systems may eventually be 42V" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.