The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety says that for the first time all nine midsize vehicles it tested as part of its off-center front crash testing received at least a good rating. The nine ’02-model midsize sedans include the Nissan Altima, Toyota Camry, Lexus IS 300 and ES 300, Acura TL, Saab 9-5, Jaguar X-Type, Volvo S60 and Hyundai XG350. The Camry, IS 300, ES 300, TL and 9-5 received IIHS’s “best-pick” rating, while the Altima, X-Type, S60 and XG350 received a “good” rating. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"All Vehicles Receive Good Rating in Off-Center Crash Tests for First Time" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642