NEW YORK – The new ’10 Mercedes S400 is hitting U.S. shores without the auto maker’s popular 4Matic all-wheel-drive system, but insiders say engineers are hard at work making sure future versions of the hybrid-electric vehicle will offer the option. Customers who preordered the all-new ’10 Mercedes S400 HEV are beginning to take delivery of the first cars as they arrive in the U.S. The flagship hybrid, which has been on sale in Europe since last spring, is expected to account for 10% of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"All-Wheel Drive in Works for Mercedes S400 Hybrid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.