The market for automotive aluminum is rapidly consolidating with word of two separate deals involving five companies. The first is a three-way merger between Alcan Aluminum Corp. of Montreal; Pechiney of Paris; and algroup of Zurich, creating the world's largest aluminum producer. The new company will be based in Montreal and will be temporarily referred to as Alcan-Pechiney-algroup (APA), a Canadian corporation with 91,000 employees in 59 countries and combined 1998 sales and operating ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Aluminum Market Faces Consolidation" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.